We have weekly recitiations. They are very important which is why they are mandatory. They are the only time and place you will hear about the programming assignments, get clarifications and explanations. And also a discussion about the previous weeks programming assignment once they have been submitted.
We will look askew at a student who misses a recitation and then asks a TA to spend their scarce time giving that student a personal explanation of the homework that is assigned. I understand that there can always be follow on questions but I expect you to be considerate of the time and effort that your TAs put into this class.
So in summary:
- Recitations will be in this very classroom
- Time: Monday night recitations 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Recitations are mandatory unless you’ve been officially excused.
- During recitations we will:
- review homework assignments and hand them out
- review homework solutions once they are handed in
- do problem solving sessions to reinforce what is covered in the lectures.